SFF or Mini Tower? RAID?

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you guys/gals running? Seems the SFF desktops will only handle 1 3.5 hard drive so are most of you running mini towers? or running a sff and swapping out the cd rom for a hard drive?

Are you'll running RAID?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you guys/gals running? Seems the SFF desktops will only handle 1 3.5 hard drive so are most of you running mini towers? or running a sff and swapping out the cd rom for a hard drive?

Are you'll running RAID?
The hp sff can hold both a 3.5 and a 2.5 drive.
It all depends on the application....often times I can get away with an ultra slim desktop with a single drive in there.
Raid is overkill for a home system.....

dalepa

Reaction score
I have a i7-3770k that handling 10+ cams with no problem, and also an i5 gen2 Lenovo mini m93p that can just handle about 5 cams. Im also looking for a newer generation mini with I5, just hunting for a good deal under $300.

A SFF with latest 4th gen i5 processor, and SSD boot shouldn't have any problem with 6+ cams, depending on your settings.

I snagged a 8tb 3.5 usb3 drive on Amazon cyber Monday for $179. My best cyber deal ever. A SFF with 8tb would work nicely.

Are you'll running RAID?