Several layers of defense

Reaction score
I have an office that looks down on a "shared" warehouse space - I want to install one camera way up high that most likely won't be seen since it will be embedded up in wall and high up where no one really looks. That way someone with a hood most likely won't disguise themselves right away and I will get them here. Now the second layer of defense will be when they walk up the stairs and take a left there is a tiny hall with an office - I was thinking of putting a camera in the wall here over the door but the height is only like 6 feet so they may see this camera.

1) Is there something I can put over the lens...like a poster that looks like a poster but the camera can see through? Has anything been invented like this? Reason being is if someone comes by office one day and sees the camera they will know to cover up before going up the stairs at night.

2) If there is no such invention should I still get the Amcrest 960H? or would a pinhole camera built into wall be better? They won't see a pinhole camera easily but it would be nice to have one system rather than say a pinhole $200 camera like the titathink tt520pw (built in above door) along with a cheap ip camera that looks over warehouse. With the Amcrest or the pinhole camera solution I would send video via FTP rather than use a DVR system which can be easily found and stolen.[h=1][/h]

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First, if you want good quality video stay away from analog systems and go with IP cameras. (Hikvision or Dahua) Plus if you decided to upgrade your cameras later you won't have to rerun cable. And you will find a lot more support on this site by choosing Hik or Dahua.

For the hallway you can use a pinhole camera and conceal it in a picture frame, clock or whatever you want.
http://www.amazon.com/ELP-Megapixel-Industrial-Pinhole-Network/dp/B00KA4OGF6

Is there something I can put over the lens...like a poster that looks like a poster but the camera can see through? Has anything been invented like this? Reason being is if someone comes by office one day and sees the camera they will know to cover up before going up the stairs at night .
This depends on the lighting of the warehouse. If it's ever dark you will need IR illumination and most cameras use 850nm IR which glow red when you look directly at them. Cameras which use 940nm IR's that are invisible are not as common and harder to find. With IP cameras you can turn off the built-in IR's and then purchase a stand alone 940nm IR Illuminator. Then you can conceal the entire camera however you like with only the lens exposed.

http://www.amazon.com/CMVision-IR100-940-Illuminator-wavelength-30-100ft/dp/B0038RZ1CO

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.