Setting up BI to make a phone call.

zhill29

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there away to setup BI to make a phone call via voip without additional hardware and preferably for free? I have one camera I would like to make call me if it detects motion. (Email would work but I have a tenancy to ignore emails for a bit before I notice them) I assume there would be some way to make it use Google Voice or something? Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there away to setup BI to make a phone call via voip without additional hardware and preferably for free? I have one camera I would like to make call me if it detects motion. (Email would work but I have a tenancy to ignore emails for a bit before I notice them) I assume there would be some way to make it use Google Voice or something? Any ideas?
No you need a modem. A push notification to the mobile app is quicker.

zhill29

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah but it only seems like a push notification works if the BI app is currently running on my phone. Which its usually not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but it only seems like a push notification works if the BI app is currently running on my phone. Which its usually not.
It shouldnt.if you are using an iphone, make sure the app has full permissions. You can also setup texts...but push notifications are much faster, they are almost instantaneous.