Setting 'static ip' on ARRIS (Brighthouse) router -

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me. I am helping a friend setup a blue iris system. We currently have 5 cameras setup in their house.

They currently have Bright House (Now Spectrum) for their cable provider and they are leasing an "Arris XI510av" gateway from them. I cannot for the life of me figure out if this modem is capable of assigning static IP addresses to certain devices. Anytime the router reboots the IP addresses of the cameras change.

There is an option in the router to "Disable DHCP" but I'm not sure if this will mess up any future devices they try to connect to the network. If I disable DHCP in the settings will the router still assign an IP address to the new device that is connected? Also would disabling DHCP lock in the IP address already assigned to the cameras.

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me. I am helping a friend setup a blue iris system. We currently have 5 cameras setup in their house.

They currently have Bright House (Now Spectrum) for their cable provider and they are leasing an "Arris XI510av" gateway from them. I cannot for the life of me figure out if this modem is capable of assigning static IP addresses to certain devices. Anytime the router reboots the IP addresses of the cameras change.

There is an option in the router to "Disable DHCP" but I'm not sure if this will mess up any future devices they try to connect to the network. If I disable DHCP in the settings will the router still assign an IP address to the new device that is connected? Also would disabling DHCP lock in the IP address already assigned to the cameras.

Thanks in advance!
dont disable dhcp...there should be an option for dhcp reservation...alternatively you can assign static addresses in the camera just outside the dhcp range..

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dont disable dhcp...there should be an option for dhcp reservation...alternatively you can assign static addresses in the camera just outside the dhcp range..
Hmm... I did notice I was able to assign an IP address in the camera configuration. The current range is xxx.xxx.xxx.1 through xxx.xxx.xxx.50 in their dhcp range. If I assign the cameras x.x.x.51-55 that will work? For some reason I thought the IP addresses of the cameras had to be within the range of IP addresses that are assignable by the dhcp range of the router?

Also I have clicked everywhere in the router config. This is the first router I have not been able to find dhcp reservation settings.

Thanks for the quick reply @fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... I did notice I was able to assign an IP address in the camera configuration. The current range is xxx.xxx.xxx.1 through xxx.xxx.xxx.50 in their dhcp range. If I assign the cameras x.x.x.51-55 that will work? For some reason I thought the IP addresses of the cameras had to be within the range of IP addresses that are assignable by the dhcp range of the router?

Also I have clicked everywhere in the router config. This is the first router I have not been able to find dhcp reservation settings.

Thanks for the quick reply @fenderman
yes that will work..as long as you dont go over .254....