Scheduling a camera to trigger a ptz when triggered.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how, if possible, to only have a spotter camera trigger a ptz during evening hours. A vehicle is only parked at night in a certain spot and I don't need the ptz to be triggered to that spot during the day when the vehicle isn't there.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up a profile for the hours you want the PTZ to move based on spotter cam. Either a global profile, or do an override schedule for that camera. Probably best to create a clone camera if it will be different than the profiles of your other cameras.

Or better yet, set up the geofence with a profile for it to spot and track automatically whenever the owner of that vehicle is home!

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have not set up a spotter cam before, here are the steps.

Go into the camera settings in BI for the PTZ and in Groups create a group for the PTZ - FrontPTZ or something.

The preset is based on what is in the PTZ, so if there is a preset you want the fixed cam to go to and you don't have the PTZ preset for that, then create a new Preset for the area you want and then a IVS rule for it. Remember the number of that new preset.

Then go to the fixed camera setting and on the motion settings page, under When Triggered, check the trigger camera groups and then select the group name for the PTZ, then go down and check the Move to preset number you just created in the PTZ and then check Move camera groups and select the group and then you have a spotter cam!

1612839524569.png

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks! Already understand setting up the spotter camera, just couldn't figure out how to go about scheduling it. Will test tomorrow after 6am. The setup is basically to monitor the vehicle for thieves since the PTZ is 100 times better at getting detail than the spotter which is an old Hikvision that is nice in daytime but crap at night. Had to use hotspot in BI to get it to trigger when ppl walk near it. Wasn't sensitive enough. Considering a 2mp starlight since the Hik is a 4mp but crap at night.