Samsung Frame and UI 3 Love it. :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Where is your Alerts tab?
I can get to it by clicking on clips and drop down menu alerts. But I am not certain why alert tab is not on the top if it suppose to be perhaps a setting which I have missed. Not sure..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can get to it by clicking on clips and drop down menu alerts. But I am not certain why alert tab is not on the top if it suppose to be perhaps a setting which I have missed. Not sure..
The latest versions of ui3 Do not have it instead it is selected in clips. There is a discussion about it in the ui3 thread.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
How big is the Samsung Frame there? It looks great! I like full screen mode to see only the cameras on mine, I don't access any of the menus generally of the UI3.

You need 4 more cams to make it a symmetrical 30 cams on the screen :D
LOL 65 inch haha at 30 cams. By the way 2 more are coming very soon LOL not sure about other 2 yet

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can we get pics of the locations of some of those low cameras? the bottom left one looks detached from the house. how do you have that cable run?
also, just the one tesla, or..? :p

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
can we get pics of the locations of some of those low cameras? the bottom left one looks detached from the house. how do you have that cable run?
also, just the one tesla, or..? :p
The low camera is attached to the house. The cable I had to run it all the way up to the second attic and then using EMT conduit came all the way down its at a height of 2-3 feet :)

For now One P3D soon have the reservations for Plaid S and Cyber Truck TM :p

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice job on the install @tech101. Do you control UI3 with a blue tooth mouse? I guess the Samsung browsers now support h.264 codecs. I have an older Samsung TV that I have to stream jpg, because it does not support any codecs. May have to upgrade.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Are those ground mounted cameras I see? That's hard core.
Yes there are some cams which are like 1- 3 feet off the ground :) Need those in case someone is wearing a cap and looking down specially by front door to steal package or anything..

Nice job on the install @tech101. Do you control UI3 with a blue tooth mouse? I guess the Samsung browsers now support h.264 codecs. I have an older Samsung TV that I have to stream jpg, because it does not support any codecs. May have to upgrade.
No I just use stock remote this is just to keep an eye @ times Yes it does support h.264 however it seems to be slowers or is behind by some secs always so I use Jpeg which is way faster.. My guess it has to do with the processing of the tv browser/ tv.