RTSP Stream works in VLC and not in Blue Iris

Reaction score
I have an RTSP stream from a fanvil i30 sip video intercom unit working in VLC.

The URL that works in VLC is rtsp://192.168.144.108/user=admin&password=tlJwpbo6&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream The stream is stable and stays alive.

stream.png

However, I cannot get the stream to appear in Blue Iris, it simply says no signal.
These are the settings I've tried (along with many others, including decoder compatibility mode enabled)

Untitled.png

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong or missing?

Thanks for your help!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you have user and password in the Blue Iris boxes, try taking both out of URL for cam, just have IP of "192.168.144.108" there.
Down at video path put in "/channel=1&stream-0.sdp_?real_stream". Click on 'OK'

If no dice, leave the above changes in but try leaving RTSP port at 554 and change in BI the URL address to begin with "http://" instead of "rtsp:/" and click on 'OK'.

If still no joy, monkey with variations of the above. I have displayed RTSP stream of Foscam and Amcrest cams in VLC with URLs similar to what you have but in BI the beginning is changed to "http://", the IP is just that and the rest of the URL is in the video path.

For example, in my Amcrest IPM-721 on VLC:
"rtsp:/username:password@192.168.1.108/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif"

NOTE: not sure what's going on, put a colon and letter 'p' in place of pink smiley face above!

In Blue Iris, it becomes this:
Amcrest-IPM-721.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
@invalidmemory, it's been a week......what's the verdict?
Fanvil sent me a new firmware that resolved the RTSP stream stability issue (though after trying every permutation I could not get it working in Blue Iris, though it worked in VLC) BUT it crashed the sip calling and prevented users from dialing to get into the building. So I've rolled it back and am awaiting a fix from Fanvil, I'll then try to get the feed into Blue Iris. Two steps forward and one back!

I'll keep the forum posted as things progress.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fanvil sent me a new firmware that resolved the RTSP stream stability issue (though after trying every permutation I could not get it working in Blue Iris, though it worked in VLC) BUT it crashed the sip calling and prevented users from dialing to get into the building. So I've rolled it back and am awaiting a fix from Fanvil, I'll then try to get the feed into Blue Iris. Two steps forward and one back!

I'll keep the forum posted as things progress.
Thx, I was curious. Good luck!

Reaction score
Credit to a great support department at Fanvil and frank.gao directly, who tested their unit with Blue Iris. I now have it working, here are the settings I used:

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see that what worked took some of what you had, what was suggested plus support's contribution: enabling the 'RTP/UDP' ports.
Glad you got it going and thanks for sharing!

maximundo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same door phone but cannot get the camera working in Blue Iris. The stream works fine in VLC.

These are my settings:

1579876936533.png

The Path is /user=admin&password=tlJwpbo6&channel=1&stream=0.sdp

Can anyone advise?

Last edited:

fellow026

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anybody get this to work ? I am trying with the Fanvil i10 and Fanvil i i30. I can get them to play in VLC albite I think they VLC is converting the video instead of playing directly.
I tried different settings in Blue Iris. This would be the deal breaker for me to purchase Blue Iris.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did anybody get this to work ? I am trying with the Fanvil i10 and Fanvil i i30. I can get them to play in VLC albite I think they VLC is converting the video instead of playing directly.
I tried different settings in Blue Iris. This would be the deal breaker for me to purchase Blue Iris.
The URL's look a lot like the TOP-201 cam (a Xiongmai / Xmeye product, IIRC) and it streams beautifully to VLC or Blue Iris with the following setup at bottom.

Note the text of the RTSP URL's that I show have underscores ( _ ) in places where the above posts have ampersands ( & ); not sure if that'll make a difference but I suggest you copy and paste my URL, below. Note also the "real_stream" at the end of the URL.

Code:
/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream
TOP-201.jpg

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Is tljwpbo6 the default password for this camera, or are people simply copying the settings of the OP without thinking about their camera settings?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is tljwpbo6 the default password for this camera, or are people simply copying the settings of the OP without thinking about their camera settings?
Speaking for myself, that IS the p/w for my TOP-201 that works.
The OP's post is dated 2 years before I even got my TOP-201 so apparently it worked for him as well.
The cam's webGUI login on my cam was "admin" and blank for the p/w as in my BI screenshot. :idk:

fellow026

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried all the different settings above. I can confirm that they don't work for the Fanvil i10 and i30. They do play in VLC and likely by converting / transcoding the stream. I am trying to see what VLC picks up as the source so I can put them into Blue Iris

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried all the different settings above. I can confirm that they don't work for the Fanvil i10 and i30. They do play in VLC and likely by converting / transcoding the stream. I am trying to see what VLC picks up as the source so I can put them into Blue Iris
Well, heck!
FWIW, BI also has a drop-down under "Make" of "Generic/ONVIF" of a "model" called "VLC-compatible RTSP."