router recommendations

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
I am looking for a simple router not to expensive, is for my second home, right now I have this router RT-AC68U at my primary residence, love this router, but the price is 175.00 at amazon, I am looking for a cheaper router with WIFI, easy to setup and connect to tv, phone, computer ,IP POE switch so I can connect my cameras.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Gents
I am looking for a simple router not to expensive, is for my second home, right now I have this router RT-AC68U at my primary residence, love this router, but the price is 175.00 at amazon, I am looking for a cheaper router with WIFI, easy to setup and connect to tv, phone, computer ,IP POE switch so I can connect my cameras.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie
Its 175 on amazon because that router is no longer being sold by asus. Third party sellers are capitalizing on folks looking for that older model because that is what they had previously (like yourself). I think it was released 8 or more years ago. Asus has much cheaper more powerful routers for less.
Here is one example at 90 bux. There is a cheaper 70 dollar variant with a weaker processor also available.

If you really want to upgrade your network and security there are some threads about two new synology routers available for 220 and 300. They have VLAN capability - something very few home routers support.

The one thing asus does better than some of the other cheaper options is firmware support.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Gents both routers look very good, i am familiar with the Asus software, therefore maybe I will pick one of them.
Thanks.
Chewie.