Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After tracking a subject, my two SD4A425DB-HNY cameras make a very audible sound when returning to the default position. It is loud enough to draw the subjects attention.
That's normal with most ptz when they move back to the deafult position at high speed. The SD5A825GA-HNR ptz I have doesn't make any audible sound while auto tracking, but the ptz motor would make this Woooooozzzz sound that's loud enough to hear even inside the house with the windows close if you stand near the area. It's even more noticeable at night when it's quiet around the area with no other distracting sound.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
That's normal with most ptz when they move back to the deafult position at high speed. The SD5A825GA-HNR ptz I have doesn't make any audible sound while auto tracking, but the ptz motor would make this Woooooozzzz sound that's loud enough to hear even inside the house with the windows close if you stand near the area. It's even more noticeable at night when it's quiet around the area with no other distracting sound.
I hear mine every time I am outside, but I know what it is and to expect it. I am not sure if my neighbors hear it.

It is also mounted on the soffit right outside my office and serves as a good alarm when I hear it swing to a preset, haha.