Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs

6moon9

n3wb
Reaction score
Golly, Tough crowd! K. I’ll try!

I HAVE OLDER IPC CAMERA MODEL # WIDI230T_W00616 I THINK THERE DUHUA ‘s FROM 2015 era. I have been able to access them with internet data and so superized to see it working on my laptop that I wanted to see if I could view remotely like in the past. Well, guess what. The only browser that would support old ass VMS software was discontinued 2022. Welcome Internet Explorer…wait for it. Only can access IE is through Edge default browser bla,bla,bla,bla! So after days of figuring out was that meant.(Remember I originally got this equipment from a labor trade deal. I fixed anything in his house , he installed top of that days security system to mine. Eight years later! Hi my name is Arty‍♂ pleasures mine!! So, to continue… I read much from your forum jargon w/endless searching of ip cam how to connect to laptop w/without internet or whatever a POE was. Then downloading The only software I could find to support wagon wheel HDIPC’s from a decade ago- DMSS which I come to realize doesn’t support what ever P2P is…

In short, (remembering you asked me to ask this question) is there a way to remotely view my cameras with current DMSS with extensive knowledge about; TCP/IP, PPPoE, DDNS, or IP Filter, SMTP, UPmP, and the rest of you know where I’m going. To give y’all some credit! I am curious about how and what BI is and if it could be of any value?

Thank gentlemen for your service and patience with noobism me!

6moon9

n3wb
Reaction score
Drop outs are typically are found to be related to cabling issues'.
Cable's damaged during install.
RJ45's not properly crimped or not crimped to the 568A or B standard, using the standard can't be ignored..
Continuity/Polarity test's don't tell the entire story.
Next time post your own thread instead of highjacking another. ;)
Man I’ve got much to learn… you people are so, just, you know, KNOW! TBC