Repair idea's for a GW50 Varifocal IP PoE

Reaction score
Might be the wrong thread if so my apologies. It was a crispy -5 degrees the other evening and I was making some adjustments to my camera angle. The aluminum rod that connects the camera housing to the adjustment neck snapped. I have a couple ideas on fixing it, I was wondering if anybody new of replacement parts or should I just have a go with "FUZE IT" and maybe an angle bracket. Thanks, Dave

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this something like it?
Where did it break?
Better yet, posting some images of the broken bracket would help.

gw5.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe J-B Weld.
If possible, remove assembly and repair indoors, re-install when cured.
Loosen those screws a LOT before adjusting, then re-tighten when aimed (not saying you didn't do that, I understand it was VERY cold).

Reaction score
Excellent diagram. Break is at the camera end between the last screw and the camera housing. JB weld is the stuff. OK will do. I was planning on taking down to do the work, froze my grapes off the other day. I can use a spare junction box plate with no hole to seal it so no moisture issues while completeing the work. Thank you for the JB Weld suggestion makes perfect sense. "Fuze it" is newer and I'm not convinced liquid nail products are designed for aluminum type material. Thanks, dave