ReoLink Camera Connecting to Blue Iris

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
I posted several questions for help in getting a new ReoLink RLC-810A camera to link to Blue Iris but the replies I received did not solve the problem.
However, ReoLink sent me the following link with 3 different was to do it. How to Add Reolink Cameras to Blue Iris . It worked well! ReoLink also has many "how to" videos on YouTube.
While once frustrated and disappointed with ReoLink, I am now an advocate.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you got it going, I hope you still like Reolink 6 months from now when you have a need to review a clip that was made at night when someone was actually moving.

FWIW, your initial thread would have been the ideal place to reveal your findings to benefit someone else with the same issue:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above.

Hope it works out for you and your use case isn't for trying to capture a perp at night.

On the BI camera status page, what is the KEY value at night? If it is less than 0.50 then it will still be problematic at night for BI motion detection.

If night performance is part of your criteria, you will find it is poor. Here is the unofficial thread where people have posted the best night time shots they can get with their Reolink and you will see they are not very good. You may be able to tell the police what time something happened, but not give them a good picture to help ID them. Who knows, maybe you will be the first to provide a clean image of motion at night...

averawc

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad you got it going, I hope you still like Reolink 6 months from now when you have a need to review a clip that was made at night when someone was actually moving.

FWIW, your initial thread would have been the ideal place to reveal your findings to benefit someone else with the same issue:
Thank you for the information.