Remote desktop

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - not sure how much help you can provide me on this but the last week, I've had issues with doing RDP into my blue iris windows 10 computer (it doesn't run anything else at all). I upgraded to the latest version of BI too but the problem persists. I typically do an RDP and just minimize the window but now when I go back to it a few hours later, it's blank. Then I disconnect and reconnect and it won't reconnect and I have to manually power off/on the computer. What could be causing this?

Thanks

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the remote Windows host Blue Iris is running on is going to sleep. If you have a monitor connected to it it'd be easy to know if that is the issue, since the screen would go black. The setting is under "Settings>System>Power & Sleep" You want it set to never sleep.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same issue. It's not Blue Iris. It's something to do with Windows 10. Pretty darn sure I have Windows 10 updates turned off as well. Been meaning to look into it. Maybe 'critical omg' window patches are installed regardless. Unsure.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure you have the option to keep your computer awake for connections. This screen is found under Remote Desktop settings in the control panel.
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 11.50.34 AM.png