Remote Access to BI

KenBI

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope someone can help. BI has been working fine until the last month or so. My remote access to the BI system is not working. Specs are:
ATT Uverse with NVG589 modem/router
BI server is set up with static 192.168.1.86 and port 88
Firewall is set with TCP and forward port 88 to 192.168.1.86
I have setup a dns service with noip. It seems to be working for the other apps I have that need remote access
When I run the remote access wizard it passes all but the last test. Lan Address= Shows correct address and port, Verified IP= Shows correct IP, Verified Server = The Operation has timed out.

I have tried connecting from the Android App on serveral devices. I get unable to connect error REASON Unable to reach server. I have checked the addresses several times.

I have also tried logging in from a web browser using both the DNS Server address and the home Wan ip address. Same error.

I cant find anywhere to tell me how to correct or what this error is. My wife is going to kill me if I cant get BI working again.:sad2:

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you able to connect to the BI server from within your LAN by chance?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@KenBI, have you tried logging in remotely by using a remote network, not within your lan using are remote ip...so for example using your cell but on the carrier network with wifi disabled?
Is the port open when you check canyouseeme.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinke

n3wb
Reaction score
Had exactly the same problem, with the same setup AT&T Uverse..
I got it solved by changing the port to 89xx range, setting the port forwarding and then rebooting the modem.
Port forwarding was showing on the status screen that it is setup properly, but it did not take effect until I rebooted the modem.
Hope this helps...