Reducing Blur

frank123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any other ways of reducing blur and pixelation other than changing the Exposure Time settings?

I'm getting blur and pixelation during daytime...

Camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I

Thank you

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Make and model of the camera would help just a little.

Common image issues

frank123

n3wb
Reaction score
Make and model of the camera would help just a little.

Common image issues

Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Any other ways of reducing blur other than changing the Exposure Time settings?

I'm getting blur during daytime...

Thank you
Can you offer a video clip of the problem?!? It’s not very common to see blurring in daylight. Keep in mind people often confuse stuttering (not smooth) video with blurring which isn’t the same.

If the problem is choppy video (not smooth) it can be anything depending upon how the video is reviewed.

If you take WiFi out of equation and view the live feed from a hardline computer and the video is smooth. That points to the WiFi, Device, Router, Environment etc.

If the video is still choppy determine what happens when only a single camera is online and viewed. If the problem goes away on a single camera it’s a network related issue. You can validate this by simply adding one camera until you see a fault.

Keep in mind I haven’t even addressed various settings in a camera that can have the same effects. When in doubt reset a single camera and see the cause and affect. If the problem goes away it’s a setting in the camera. If the problem persists at least you know the camera is in a default state to make changes if required.

Again this doesn’t address the network infrastructure and this is why EVERYTHING must be solid from the ground up!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How about some screen caps of exposure settings and such. If the gain or exposure compensation are too high blurring will result. Dynamic range settings can also introduce blur. Bit, frame and iframe rates can also make video look blurry or muddy. I don't own a Hikvision, but all my cameras are in manual mode with daytime exposure time of 0.01 to 16.66ms. Frame and iframe rates match at 15FPS. Bit rates are different for 2MP and 4MP, 2MP at 2048 or higher, and 4MP at 8192. I get no blurring at all. It can be a balancing act, but normally night time is the biggest problem.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Also forgot to add if the camera is using edge recording. If you view the recorded video on the micro SD card what are the results?!? If recorded video is fine but live viewing isn’t it’s more than likely a lack of bandwidth and this goes to affirming what people say all the time.

Don’t connect video feeds directly through the router.

If the recorded video is also choppy as the other member kindly noted it’s likely a setting(s). Hence why defaulting a camera to a OEM out of the box state helps to isolate the root cause.

Your primary goal is to isolate key components to help identify root cause.

frank123

n3wb
Reaction score
Should I turn ON 'SVC' or leave it on AUTO?

Also, what should I set 'I Frame Interval' to?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I mentioned both frame, iframe and bit rates earlier. Constant bit rate, CBR. As @looney2ns mentioned try raising the bit rate. 8192 works for me, and most others, with a 4MP camera but you're playing with 8MP so going to 16384 might help but definitely get off of VBR.

Incidentally, SVC is a form of dynamic range control. Shut it off and see what happens with blurring.

frank123

n3wb
Reaction score
Slight issue guys, on 2 of my 4 cameras I can'playback daytime footage on both the app and web browser - I can playback night time footage without any issues . I restarted the NVR (Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P) but that doesn't fix the issue. Live View is working fine with all 4 cameras.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

Last edited: