Recurring Camera Failures in Same Location

Gruntled

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a camera mounted on the inside corner of a 4' chainlink fence and it's failed twice. When the first camera failed (less than a year old), I presumed it was a fluke or maybe our small dogs were pawing at it and the vibrations killed it. I moved the new camera up out of reach at the same location. After a few months the new camera's image would fog and then clear after a while and finally blacked out as the other one did. I don't know if this is just bad luck or from the camera location. I don't think it's dog related, and the odds of it being a coincidence are extremely high. No problems with the other 15 cameras.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What make and model of the camera ?
A picture of the current mounting location.
What are you using to power the camera POE or wall wart ?
What type of network, wifi or ethernet ?
Describe in detail why you think it failed.
Have you taken the camera down and desk checked with a good premade cable ?

Last edited:

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like moisture got into that camera. Was the replacement the same as the previous model?

Gruntled

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure how the plastic lens housing inside the metal case cracked but that was why it failed. Occam's Razor says dogs. I don't see how they could have cracked that plastic while it was inside a metal case. Maybe a defect or damage in shipping? Not sure what the first camera's issue was, it just quit, no signs of moisture. I had a third camera with a bad cord I gutted and put in broke camera one's case so I get a free third try. If it fails a third time it will be the location.cam.jpg20191228_141744[1].jpg