Recording Substream/Cloning Cameras

Reaction score
Hello All,

What I am trying to do is set up where Blueiris records the sub stream continuously, and records the main stream only when triggered.

So I go through the process of cloning the camera, and I get an asterisk. I change it to continuous recording, then I change the stream profiles where the main stream is the sub stream, and have no substream configured. When its configure it like this, I lose my asterisk and it is pulling two instance of the substream,

Granted most of the substreams are pretty small, but there are duplicate streams being pulled for 12 cameras.

Is there a better way to do this?

thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what is supposed to happen - once you change the stream, it is no longer a clone. It is now two cameras with the same IP address...

Why not just use the cotininous+triggered option and it accomplishes it on one camera without a clone...(you do need to be on a newer BI version though). With this option is records substream and then switches to mainstream wihen the camera is triggered.

That alone is worth the $30 upgrade if you are on an expired plan!

Reaction score
That is what is supposed to happen - once you change the stream, it is no longer a clone. It is now two cameras with the same IP address...

Why not just use the cotininous+triggered option and it accomplishes it on one camera without a clone...(you do need to be on a newer BI version though). With this option is records substream and then switches to mainstream wihen the camera is triggered.

Sounds like exactly what I want to do. So it will output one video file that will transition from sub to main when trigger?

I also have an active plan.

Thanka

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes - one BVR file. When you watch it back, it will be substream and then kick into mainstream when triggered. If you set a pre-trigger, it will go to mainstream then.