Recording records to late in middle of frame?

jasoncmt24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Hikvision DS-2DE4220-AE running blue iris 4.1.2.0 x64. I have tried every setting I can think of plus disabling the object/detect setting that I found on another post with the same problem. My alerts always start when the object is halfway in the scene and it is making me mad. Can anyone please help me out? I have my cam setup for continuous recording with the following settings:

Constant bitrate
1920x1080
30 fps
7500 max bitrate
high profile
i-frame interval = 30

Blue Iris Motion/Trigger settings:
Object Detect/Reject = Disabled
use mask & hot spot = Disabled
Do not highlight motion
color + brightness
break time = 1
End Trigger unless re-triggered = 10

Blue Iris Record Settings:
Continuous
Create an alert image = checked
High Res Jpg = checked
Pre-Trigger frame buffer size = 90
combine or cut = 1 hour / 8gb

My CPU usage peaks at 65%

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is making me nuts, lol...........

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jasoncmt24 If its recording 24/7 then you should not be missing video...does the timeline show missing video? do you see a skip in the time stamp?

jasoncmt24

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. No I am not missing any video but I use the alerts on the side panel to skim through the days triggers and those alerts are what are recording late. If a car is passing by the front of my house the car enters the frame in the middle and you do not see it coming into the frame from the left or right ect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response. No I am not missing any video but I use the alerts on the side panel to skim through the days triggers and those alerts are what are recording late. If a car is passing by the front of my house the car enters the frame in the middle and you do not see it coming into the frame from the left or right ect.
Ok. I see what is happening..when you play back an alert it starts from the time the alert is triggered and not the pretrigger frames..the clip will have the pretrigger frames. You might want to shoot the developer an email to see if he can start the playback at the pretrigger recording point.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For Blue Iris. Go to : Camera properties, record, pre-frame trigger is 2/3 of the way down. I use between 3-5 higher for fast moving vehicles. Will affect CPU usage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For Blue Iris. Go to : Camera properties, record, pre-frame trigger is 2/3 of the way down. I use between 3-5 higher for fast moving vehicles. Will affect CPU usage.
The OP is already using 90 pretrigger frames...he is catching the action...the issue is that when you record continuously the playback of alerts starts at the trigger not pretrigger. Note that pretrigger is set by frames not seconds, so 3-5 will give you very little benefit.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using continuous record, I would like to play my events 10s before the action, pre-frame trigger 150 for 15fps video did not make any difference. :(