Recommendations on 8mm - 12mm camera

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 8mm or 12mm camera. Anyone have a recommendation? I have been getting hikvision but they seem to only have up to 4mm lens.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 8mm or 12mm camera. Anyone have a recommendation? I have been getting hikvision but they seem to only have up to 4mm lens.
You can order almost any hikvision with a 12mm lens...or varifocal...Dahua has some cheap motorized varifocal as well.

Brian Bain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh snap, I had no idea. when I asked Frankie (LTS) he said he didn't have it which I thought mention hivision didn't.

I'll look at hikvision then. I'll also lok at dahua.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Or you can check out that "Hik like" mini PTZ, it's cheaper then varifocal and gives you a range of zoom. You don't even have to worry about which mm to get.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 12mm in Hik Exir bullet and turret (3mp), and an 8mm turret. They definitely make them, but possibly to order.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, Frankie does not carry the 12mm lens ones and I give him grief for it all the time lol. I order my 12mm Hik bullets from wrightwood surveillance and they have been fine to deal with. I have 12-13 of them sitting on a shelf in my supply area right now actually, they are great and have replaced my use of ACTi KCM-3911 cameras at roughly $800 a piece. Saving a bundle with the Hik line.