Real client-server structure

netmax

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning @all,

I'd really love to have a real client-server structure for BI ... it's working perfectly, but the only drawback is that the BI "viewer" is bound to the same server machine as the core itself.

So either I need to remote into the server via RDP to have the full client available, or use the very limited web interface.

Having the client being able to run on any machine in my network, ideally also multiple instances, connecting the the BI core on the server would be awesome.

I'm just asking myself if I'm the only guy who would love this ... here are so many BI users around who also use BI in a professional way - what do you think about this?

JBritt1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I totally agree that a full featured client for remote viewing is really needed. Otherwise, it is just falling a bit short.

My BI server is down in the basement. RDP works, bit it's a bit clunky with the video.

I'd love to see Windows and Linux clients. I'd really like to get a Raspberry Pi running a full time client in my office.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
A remote client is supposedly a planned feature. I wouldn't count on Linux support with it though, and it may be years away.

In the meantime, there is a better option for the web interface. It is still limited by the virtue of being a no-plugins web interface, but a great deal more powerful than what is currently included in Blue Iris: I made a better remote-live-view page