Rack installation for 16,000 sq. ft home

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I spy only one 24 port panel, guessing there's an IDF or an ethernet rack elsewhere?
He mentioned earlier that because of the completion stage, and all the other trades present, he didn't want to bring the equipment in yet in case it "walked". Smart move :)

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice to see/hear there are some people still out there that wish to do things right in their home.

I spy only one 24 port panel, guessing there's an IDF or an ethernet rack elsewhere? Even in this age of wireless, I would think there would be far more ethernet cabling in a 16k SF building.

@Robert hocevar, does this project reflect your (preferred) choices for AV & home automation controllers?
I use a lot of Creston equipment. I also sell a lot of Control 4. Really depends on the clients needs. I want the system to be very easy to use. I do not want to be called back because there cable box isn't working! With Creston everything is in programming it properly. I sit down with each customer and find out EXACTLY how they want there system to work. And for commercial accounts I try to sell mostly control 4 systems, they are easy to interface with sound and video systems especially at sports bars. Managers can program which tvs, which channel, time games come on. They can make schedules a month in advance all on there phone. Makes my stress level go to normal when customers are able to use there systems they spend a shitload of money on with ease! Now I just need to show a old lady how to use her Ring Doorbell!

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice to see/hear there are some people still out there that wish to do things right in their home.

I spy only one 24 port panel, guessing there's an IDF or an ethernet rack elsewhere? Even in this age of wireless, I would think there would be far more ethernet cabling in a 16k SF building.

@Robert hocevar, does this project reflect your (preferred) choices for AV & home automation controllers?
There are a total of 4 network closets in the Home. first and second floor 2 network closets in the basement. there are Unifi access points all over the place. each floor has a switch for the access points on that floor. the customer didnt request many rj45 wall plates, I think there are maybe a total of 48. every room has a few plates as well as pre wired for fiber which will probably never be used. but it's there if ever needed . I hope to have this entire job finished by Christmas!