Question on Enviz doorbell ONVIF support needed for Newbie

bourmb

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m wanting to buy either a Enviz DB1 or DB1C doorbell. The only thing I don’t understand with the newer DB1C is the lack of ONVIF support. I am going to be running a few 5442 turrets and either a NVR from Andy or use my old i7 Lenovo or slightly less old i5 Surface Pro 3 laptop with BI if it’s up to the task and I’m able to tolerate the BI setup, too. What is ONVIF or the lack of mean for a doorbell in my situation? I know a PC with BI is the preferred setup but I still might go the simplicity route with a NVR. Do I need to wait on my doorbell choice until I’ve locked down how I want to record video?

Last edited:

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ezviz DB1 doesn't have onvif either out of the box. It needs to be flashed with different firmware. The RTSP Stream works fine with my frigate install, however. I really like my ezviz DB1 but if I was in the market for a new doorbell right now I would be hard-pressed to choose anything other than the Amcrest Ad410. Onvif, 4mp, AI built-in, automated responses. It's the most open to using with any software that you could want to use it with.

bourmb

n3wb
Reaction score
The ezviz DB1 doesn't have onvif either out of the box. It needs to be flashed with different firmware. The RTSP Stream works fine with my frigate install, however. I really like my ezviz DB1 but if I was in the market for a new doorbell right now I would be hard-pressed to choose anything other than the Amcrest Ad410. Onvif, 4mp, AI built-in, automated responses. It's the most open to using with any software that you could want to use it with.
What does the ONVIF get you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What does the ONVIF get you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need either RTSP or onvif to intergrate in to most NVRS. That said onvif is a standard protocol that allows many other things to grab sensors data, images, video and even control the PTZ functions of the camera.