QTView sucks on my opinion.

Unruffled

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I won't say that I am the most technical person out here , whenever there is an instruction to follow I know how to follow it. As of now I set up 1 camera before installation so that I can set up the network of the NVR and the cameras before hand since we wire tomorrow. As of now QTView is super complicated and there is little support for this at the time. Also I am having trouble opening ports such as 80 and 6063 or 6036.

Is the Q-See NVR only compatible with QTView or is it compatible with other programs? I keep hearing of Blue Iris and I want to know if it is Compatible with the Q-See NVR and if it will still function with Motion Detector and Audio? Also can it be configured over the phone? which is what I want.

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
and what do you expect buying a cheap box store system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep hearing of Blue Iris and I want to know if it is Compatible with the Q-See NVR and if it will still function with Motion Detector and Audio? Also can it be configured over the phone? which is what I want.
Blue iris cannot control the NVR. It IS an NVR that runs on a windows pc. It cannot be setup using your phone. You need to install in on your pc. It can pull video streams from the NVR, or better, directly from the cameras.

Unruffled

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris cannot control the NVR. It IS an NVR that runs on a windows pc. It cannot be setup using your phone. You need to install in on your pc. It can pull video streams from the NVR, or better, directly from the cameras.

That's interesting. Well I will try to get the program to run and try to pull the camera mobile via the ReoLink Application. Can two programs pull from a camera at the same time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Well I will try to get the program to run and try to pull the camera mobile via the ReoLink Application. Can two programs pull from a camera at the same time?
yes, but blue iris has a built in webserver for mobile viewing, no need to run the reolink app.

Unruffled

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, but blue iris has a built in webserver for mobile viewing, no need to run the reolink app.

I am having a problem with the cameras I have 6 up and it only finds 1. My NVR confirms that they are connected from the box. I am wanting to know how to find the IP address? I go into the router setting and find some and I cannot tell which is which or Some do not pop up at all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the cameras I have 6 up and it only finds 1. My NVR confirms that they are connected from the box. I am wanting to know how to find the IP address? I go into the router setting and find some and I cannot tell which is which or Some do not pop up at all.
Are you pulling the stream from the nvr? if so you need to add a new camera in BI for each channel and change the channel number to correspond to the camera.