Qsee NVR Help

Reaction score
First and foremost I don't know much about NVR systems. I can run and terminate RJ45 ends on them, so I'm not incompetant just not my area of expertise on network things.

Our company has Qsee NVR system. Previous shop manager changed the password to roll back the camera footage. They were let go for many reasons, and its a sour relationship there. No one knows the password.

Called the company out that did the original install. Their email is listed as the password recovery, however it doesn't work. Or so they claim. Their solution is sell us a new system for $7k. This sounds like a bs way to twist our arm into buying something we don't need, just because currenlty don't have the knowledge on how to fix it.

How do I fix this?

NVR Model: QC826 (16Ch NVR not sure on how many TB)
Camera Model: QCN8068BA

Oldtechguy66

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same problem, but for different reason. I had a similar Q-See NVR (QT series), which worked great for years until lightning garbled the firmware. Ended up reloading the firmware. Anyway, if memory serves, I think there is a PSWD reset button on the main board. Been years, so I don't recall for sure now. I still have the old machine, so will dig it out of storage and have a peek. I was able to restore the pswd to default, by just can't recall exactly how at the moment. Will check when I'm at my shop tomorrow. Q-See is no longer in biz in the USA, AFAIK; so you should buy something new since this old machine will eventually die - probably at worst possible time - and there is no support for these old orphans now.
$7k may or may not be excessive depending on the hardware config & installation quote - but sounds high to me, without more info. Suggest buying a new NVR & camera package together. You'll come out time & $$ ahead in the long run. If your camera LAN cables are already in place (Cat5e or better), you can replace the NVR and cameras yourself & save $. Those old Q-See cameras were good for their day, but long in the tooth these days. I still have some working after 8 years, but their value is limited and won't work on most NVRs today (not on the POE ports; but can work on their own external LAN subnet). Better off just replacing it all rather than a piece at a time unless you want a crash course in IP POE CAM & NVR tech. ;)
Just my $0.02, YMMV

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First and foremost I don't know much about NVR systems. I can run and terminate RJ45 ends on them, so I'm not incompetant just not my area of expertise on network things.

Our company has Qsee NVR system. Previous shop manager changed the password to roll back the camera footage. They were let go for many reasons, and its a sour relationship there. No one knows the password.

Called the company out that did the original install. Their email is listed as the password recovery, however it doesn't work. Or so they claim. Their solution is sell us a new system for $7k. This sounds like a bs way to twist our arm into buying something we don't need, just because currenlty don't have the knowledge on how to fix it.

How do I fix this?

Looks like a Dahua OEM kit from Qsee ..

if you can, look to set back to factory default and then search for default password from Q-see kits ..

Probably even listed in the pdf manual for this NVR

1707886361595.png
1707886403915.png

Oldtechguy66

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Checked my old Q-See machine.. it is a QT8516, so different model line than the one in question.. But I did run into the same problem as "AlphaTruckRepair" with lost PSWD (actually mine was scrambled due to lightning surge). Looking at the main board in my machine, I don't see a CLR PWD button or jumper (some have, some don't). What I had to do was remove the 2032 3V lithium CMOS (NVRAM) battery (NVR UNPLUGGED!!!), wait a few minutes, then reinstall battery. Power back on, and should start up as if 1st time use (all saved parameters will be lost!!). Anyway, that's what worked on my machine. Yours may be different. Some LOREX NVRs I'e run across & other brands have CLR PWD buttons/jumper on the main board, others do not.

Attachments