Purchasing Dahua equipment from these two vendors?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi

I want to say I've learned a ton reading this forum and appreciate the info that can be found here, as well as some fun banter ;)

I'm looking at purchasing some Dahua equipment to add/update my current system, and wondered if anyone has experience with either of these two vendors?

CCTV-Mall
DVRunlimited

Both have what I need at competitive prices, of course CCTV-Mall is in China and DVRunlimited has some very odd things going on with their website.:confused:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I placed an order for a Dahua NVR from CCTV-Mall on Sept 5th, it just shipped on Sept 23rd. They didn't ship right away as they said they don't carry everything Dahua has and instead places orders with Dahua after customers place their order. The NVR I bought I thought was pretty common (nvr-4108-p).

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Aliexpress is also having some strange things. I ordered a Dahua mini ptz and it was shipped the 6th according to aliexpress.
So I was wondering where it would be so I asked the seller and than it turned out he did not ship since the mounting bracket was not on stock and now they ship in 2 shipments so i can get the camera.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Free. Shipping from China. It can take a few weeks. Cost analysis typically yields favorably in that situation.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Appreciate the replies.
Not concerned with ordering from China, was most interested about that particular seller. CCTV-Mall..

Also, I see frequently on AliExpress and CCTV-Mall that they show PAL only? How are you guys getting NTSC?

I'm upgrading to a mix of IP and HDCVI cams. And while I understand most say to go all IP, I am VERY happy with the cost and performance of the CVI cams I'm using
This is the DVR I'm looking at (My current DVR doesnt allow me to go all 1080p @ 30fps on recording with 8 cams, looking to upgrade so that I can)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DAHUA-4-8-16CH-Tribrid-1080P-1U-HDCVI-DVR-Support-2HDD-without-Logo-HCVR7204A-S3-HCVR7208A/32651890052.html?
https://dahuawiki.com/USA/HDCVI/DVR/Pro/DHI_HCVR72A08A_S3

These are the CVI bullets I have,
http://www.cctv-mall.com/hac-hfw2221r-z-ire6-dahua-hac-hfw2221r-z-ire6-2-1megapixel-1080p-water-proof-hdcvi-ir-bullet-camera

I have 8 existing CVI cams, all Dahua and a mix of the Motorized 1080p bullets and some similar domes. I'm looking to add a mini ptz for license plate reading and experiment with another 4MP IP cam.

Thanks

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PAL and NTSC dont really matter much. They will work.

Big thing to look out for is upgradability and language. It seems they go hand in hand. If not upgradeable, it is likely because that would reset the language back to Chinese.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lots of info on LPR set ups. Im trying to set one up myself. Nayr has a nice set up with great reliability and results.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Lots of info on LPR set ups. Im trying to set one up myself. Nayr has a nice set up with great reliability and results.
Thank you for your help, and yes I've been following that discussion. I think I'll try the Huisun/Imporx 10x mPTZ. I have a good angle under a street light approx 100-110 feet that I think will work nicely. For $150 I can't NOT try it ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow! That's a nice image! I have an HD over analog system from Lorex that is a rebadged Dahua system. Images are not as nice as what you're showing. I think I'll pick up one of your cameras to fiddle with.
Thank you, I think having tried quite a few, it's hands down the best CVI 2MP camera out there IMHO. True WDR and Auto-focus/Motorized zoom alone would make it a super unit, but the picture quality blows away even more expensive 2MP IP cams and the night image is also quite good. The ones I have are actually the "older" V2 version from 2015, the ones I linked to are the newer V3 versions which by specs have even better low light capability.

For around $100 they can't be beat. They do have a Starlight version for closer to $200 that I plan on swapping out the ones looking over the driveway with, and use the two V2's in the backyard.

The dome is almost as good. I have one of those inside the house. I'll upload a bunch more clips tonight and link them here so that you can get a better idea of different light conditions.

My biggest problem now is that I have realized 15fps just isnt as good as 30fps when getting facial recognition on humans when they are moving, especially at night. So I'm upgrading the DVR to allow for full 30fps on all channels. The cheaper option would be to post a sign to tell the BG dirtbags to please stand still for 3 seconds facing the camera, but I'm guessing even they will catch on sooner or later ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a couple more (even more uploaded on my youtube channel) that show WDR? kicking in with bright Florida sunshine and alternating cloud cover. Our property has a lot of challenges for video with lots of big oak trees, and the covered porch/pool area. WDR has made a huge difference.

I must be an idiot because I can't figure out why Youtube wont allow full screen 1080p on these but that is what they were recorded at. The player on YT is a bit bigger and better represents the video quality

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My bad, that was the same 2.7-12mm cam without the motorized lens. I don't know of a model for that 2MP with a fixed lens...?