PTZ Control over Ubiquiti

farmip

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day all,

I'm new to the site and I would like to get information on IP PTZ cameras.
I want to install IP PTZ cameras on my farms at the gates and it's really remote, its about 1.5 km to each gate. I cannot run any cabling from where the cameras are to where I would like to control them form. So, I was looking into Ubiquiti beams for streaming the video signal that I know it's possible to do, but my question is that can I control the PTZ functions via the Ubiquiti network? I looked everywhere on the net but I cannot find the right answer for it. Please give me some advice.

Thanks

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Think of the RF link as nothing more than a cat-5 cable for the purpose of sending and receiving data. The camera has to be PTZ plus the controller at the other end must interface with that PTZ camera. Many here use Blue Iris or an NVR for just that purpose. If all of the camera functions work with cable, then they should also work with the RF link.

Presently use an RF link to control the zoom, focus and data for a Dahua camera. It has been working fine for over a year without any issues even with our night time temperature at -22 C.

Ubiquiti airMAX Lite Beam
Gen 2 5AC 5GHz 23dBi CPE US
LBE-5AC-Gen2 US)

However, as you most likely know, both ends of the link will require power. The remote side will need POE power that can be supplied by a POE switch or a POE injector assuming the camera is a POE standards camera. The POE for the camera is 48 VDC while the Ubiquiti link is 24 VDC and is usually supplied by one of their injectors for both ends of the link (2 injectors). Check current Ubiquiti data sheets for specific model POE requirements.

Last edited:

farmip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info, yes the cameras work well with all functions with the NVR and PTZ controller, I will give it a shot over the Ubiquiti and see what happens.