Profile Configure/Alerting Question

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for a few months and I have been trying to get it to function a certain way, but I haven't been able to figure it out. So, I thought I would ask the experts.

It might be tough to type and make sense, but here goes -

In a nutshell, I want to be notified when motion is triggered when no one is home (geofence tracking) or when its night.

I have 3 profiles set up - Normal, away, and night.

I think the motion detection works really good, but I would like to record 24x7 just in case I miss something, but only alerted when motion is triggered.

With that said, what I am trying to make happen -

When I am away, I want to receive a text when motion is triggered with a picture (but continuous recording happening in the background)
When it is night, I want to receive an email when motion is triggered with a picture (continuous running.. )
When I'm home, I don't want to receive anything. I'd prefer not to see any alerts in the app or anything. I'd like the continuous recording to be running in case I need to reference something, but that would be it.

Does this seem do-able?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jflip21 Welcome to the forum. This is easy to do.
For each profile set each camera to continuous recording (the type of recording is profile specific so set it for each profile in each camera properties)
Alerts are also profile specific. So for the away profile set it to text, for night, set it to email, for home uncheck all alerts. You have to do this for each camera and each profile.

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
If I set it to continuous, when I check the app will it just show my the continuous footage, or will it show my alerts (motion)?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I set it to continuous, when I check the app will it just show my the continuous footage, or will it show my alerts (motion)?
It will show alerts as well. Ii will also mark alerts in the timeline on the server. Make sure "create alert list images" is checked in each cameras record tab.

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
What would Triggered + Continuous recording do? Do I just want regular continuous for what I am looking to do? By the way, thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What would Triggered + Continuous recording do? Do I just want regular continuous for what I am looking to do? By the way, thanks for your help!
Dont use it-it wont do what you want. You want regular "continuous".