Problems with LOREX Nocturnal 4K 16-Cam System after Power Surge

savatreatabvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe they all had unique static IPs but I moved the cameras around on the switch to see if I had a bad channel so I'm not 100% sure they ended up in the original locations so I'm assuming when I deleted channel 12, well I say deleted because I cleared the IP, mask & gateway of that channel then when I plugged the switch back in the switch or NVR assigned a new IP. I didn't have to do a "Device Search" and add the IP manually it did it automatically.

After thinking about it, I could have plugged the down camera back into the original channel on the switch because I'm only using 4 channels on the 8 channel switch then when it was plugged back in it simply matched camera to IP.

The weird thing about it is in the beginning of troubleshooting before I moved the cameras around on the switch the NVR only found the down camera once out of 10+ "Device Searches" , that's when I noticed the IP, mask & gateway all had the same numbers...239.255.42.42....It wasn't until I reset the switch when the mask & gateway changed and I know I didn't assign them all the same numbers.

One of the biggest mistakes I made during this whole situation was instead of keeping notes on which channels I plugged the down camera into I winged it thinking I would remember but all that did was bring on confusion.. So the moral of this story is, always keep detailed notes, (times & steps of troubleshooting) from the very beginning or else you'll be pilling hair out trying to remember what you've already attempted, lol.