Problems adding TP-Link Tapo C200 to BI 4

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then go with the Amcrest IP2M-841

FWIW, I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

The one on the front porch is on a plant stand against the house, out of direct sun and rain...it's been through three 90 degree summers and as many 25 degree winters without a hitch.
Thanks for the recommendation. That's at the high end of the budget IP cam price range (£75 here in the UK). For comparison, the TP-Link Tapo cost me £20!
The Dericam 1080P might be a better bet for me @around £45. I have a few of these installed at my mother's house and they haven't missed a beat in the last 5 years. Or I might just wait to see what else pops up in Amazon's flash sales.
Shame about the Tapo - it looks excellent apart from the BI issue

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know you were in the UK since it didn't appear in your profile, but from past exchanges in this forum with others in the UK I understand that's an issue.

The Amcrest is a Dahua-rebrand; do you know if there are some similar indoor cams available in the UK that are also OEM'd by Dahua for the UK/Euro market?

Last edited:

yurgh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thread is old, so maybe you already got it working.

For reference:
You need to add a camera account in the settings in the Tapo app. Create whatever credentials you want. Then use the credentials, rtsp port 554 and onvif port 2020 in BI.

Edit: ports should be 80, 554, 2020 from top down in BI v4

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I realize this thread is almost 3 years old now but in case it turns up in someone's search for "tapo" and "Blue Iris", here's how I got a Tapo C-110 to work with Blue Iris in Dec. of '22: