Problem with Dahua

DeejayT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i love tinyCam, but with my Dahua SD49225T-HN i have a problem that drive me nuts.

If I look at the live image I have every few seconds a short stopp. I mean that the picture does not run smoothly when there are movements. I now tried every video setting but no matter what I set, the problem is not resolved. No matter if resolution, bandwidth etc.! Even every conceivable option in tinycam does not change the problem. But If i use gDMSS, the video runs perfect without any stutter. There is a solution here? I do not want to use gDMSS, the use is pure hell!
Please help!!!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, i love tinyCam, but with my Dahua SD49225T-HN i have a problem that drive me nuts.

If I look at the live image I have every few seconds a short stopp. I mean that the picture does not run smoothly when there are movements. I now tried every video setting but no matter what I set, the problem is not resolved. No matter if resolution, bandwidth etc.! Even every conceivable option in tinycam does not change the problem. But If i use gDMSS, the video runs perfect without any stutter. There is a solution here? I do not want to use gDMSS, the use is pure hell!
Please help!!!
Gutentag @DeejayT,

I'm sorry to hear gDMSS is "pure hell". Me personally, I only use gDMSS and it does what it needs to do (mainly push notifications and jump straight into my NVR recording). But hey, that's me! ;-)

Now you need to understand that gDMSS is (for obvious reasons) optimised for Dahua gear, which means that there might be a (well hidden) parameter causing this TinyCam issue, even though your stream "looks" OK in gDMSS. How is your stream/live footage looking in Firefox for example?

If you stated you tried every video setting, I ask you to confirm:
  • did you switch H.254-255 and + codec settings?
  • did you try to lower your iFrames to match your fps settings?
--> is TinyCam configured to re-encode?

Hope this helps!
CC

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
The problem might be deeper.
tinyCam does not maintain any buffer and shows image immediately. In some cases there is a slight lag right before keyframe (since it is bigger frame). The question is: does this happen right after keyframe?
gDMSS most probably have that buffer for smoother playback.

DeejayT

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem might be deeper.
tinyCam does not maintain any buffer and shows image immediately. In some cases there is a slight lag right before keyframe (since it is bigger frame). The question is: does this happen right after keyframe?
gDMSS most probably have that buffer for smoother playback.
Hi, thanks for your answer. The thing with the buffer would make sense. What do you mean with "does this happen right after keyframe?"??? How can i check this?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
OK. Let me explain. H264 stream consists of P/B frames and I frames (keyframes). Typically for 1080p P/B frame is about 20KiB, keyframe can be 300 KiB.
Let's assume that keyframe is going every second and you have 5 fps.
So bandwidth usage will be (KiB) 300, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 300, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, etc.
If you have limited bandwidth right before keyframe you will have a delay caused by waiting when 300KiB obtained.