Problem with Dahua 5442 camera, not sure if defect or normal

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
According the video from @ljw2k it is possible to remove them via software after ... so in my opinion its on dahua side to fix it after they build the camera

Sure its possible. But is raising the price of the cams to build this software into the camera worth it for surveillance video?

/shrugs

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I would be hard pressed to believe the assembly line doesn’t have some form of air filtering. Whether it’s a high level clean room is debatable and don’t see that being present.

If all of your Dahua cameras show dust and particles inside of the shielded lens assembly that affirms shitty QA. Along with pushing hardware out the door with little care.

It’s possible this was a tainted production run where the entire process was screwed up due to maintenance and changing environmentals.

Saw that first hand at a Boeing facility where the HVAC was being changed out due to a compressor failure. When the crane came in to lift out the old unit all of the outside roof debris got sucked into the ducting.

Once the HVAC was turned back on all of that debris and dust came shooting out!

The site has well established clean room maintenance policies where all vents and returns are sealed. The entire section of line must be vacuumed and a little robot goes inside to decon the very small contaminates.

Unfortunately for this specific site the work was being done on the hottest month of the year and combined with the humidity it felt like 55’C / 131’F

So somewhere down the line someone (SVP) told Bob to bypass the diverters to a different zone?!?

Because he was sweating his balls off.

Whelps, 12 million dollars of work had to be redone! On one production line a conforming coating is applied to inhibit oxidation to achieve a specific IP rating along with fire prevention.

I don’t expect seeing dandelion fluff, shingle beads, and ladybug’s was part of the process!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@Teken

There is no problem with dust/scratches/... at last part lens of objectiv ... only if on first part to sensor or on sensor itself it should be visible.... sure some uninformed customer would think there is a problem... but this is discussed for a long time in any photograph forum

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
@Teken

There is no problem with dust/scratches/... at last part lens of objectiv ... only if on first part to sensor or on sensor itself it should be visible.... sure some uninformed customer would think there is a problem... but this is discussed for a long time in any photograph forum

Whether debris of any kind has an impact on the final output isn’t the point. I’ve never seen a flick of dust on my Nikon / Canon cameras nor would I expect to ever see the same.

I’ve installed tens of thousands of cameras that span almost every brand. If there is any debris inside that hardware is sent back - period!

When people just accept shitty quality or the lack of final QA that’s what they get. In 2021 with well established process and procedures it’s not hard to produce a piece of hardware with no debris. If that wasn’t true how would Apple, Google, Samsung, Nokia, LG, name whoever be able to sell billions of systems with a lens with almost zero defects?!?

QA, and giving a shit about the final product.

Anyone can walk into a 7-Elevens and buy a throw away burner phone with a camera. Guess what you won’t find a spec of dust inside the lens. The same is replicated trillions of times each and every year as it pertains to any optical lens hardware that spans laptops, tablets, cellular, TV, etc.

Dust, debris, finger print, where?!?

There’s debris and contaminates inside the Dahua camera because there’s a lack of QA and pushing out the door mentality. As others noted hardware is built to a price and sometimes that is reflective of the final hardware received.

So when people say it doesn’t impact the video or photo. That has no baring to that shouldn’t ever be there baring a oh shit moment. As Andy noted if you bought it from him it’s a warranty issue that will be solved immediately because it’s unacceptable!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Are we talking about dust or hot/dead pixels? I thought it was the latter.

Maybe both?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Are we talking about dust or hot/dead pixels? I thought it was the latter.

Maybe both?
Apologies, I was simply commenting on the fact the photos shared here have obvious debris inside of the sealed lens compartment.

The OP was mainly concerned about the dead pixels which are not related to his primary concern even though it would be hard to discern unless pointed out. As another member noted as it pertains to a TV line test. Will the average consumer see or care a very specific defect is present - no!

Does anyone really expect a $99.00 LCD TV to have flawless imaging - No!

But when the same TV is touted as super duper and costs $20K. That thing better be flawless in passing every known image test created or be so low you would need to use a magnifying glass.

Dead pixels have existed for ever in the low to extreme in various TV technologies. Depending upon the surface area, cluster size, a lit pixel is worse than a dead pixel!

Hardware is built to a price that’s a simple truth. But in 2021 it’s not hard to reduce the incidence of contamination inside of a lens assembly. In this case the totality of dead pixels which I could give a pass vs dust and debris which is ridiculous to see.

The simple fact is this is why there is a throw away society. People have grown up not knowing things were designed and built to last as long as possible. Nor give a shit hard earned money was spent to receive a half assed camera that Bob in China said Round Eye will accept!

Andy’s done his part to represent the Dahua brand as it pertains to warranty return and protecting the brand. The OP says both issues are fine so the world will continue to spin.