Problem getting new SV3C IP Cameras to trigger motion recording on NVR

fergy

n3wb
Reaction score
Background: I've had several SV3C cameras that have worked fine with BlueIris and with the new NVR's I've tried them with. I've used H.VIEW and now using a BackStreet Surveillance NVR at my office and home. Only the Amcrest NVR would not work with any of these cameras so I returned it. All the old SV3C cameras were quick to acquire on the NVR's and work fine, triggering motion recording anytime someone walks through their view.

Yesterday I installed two new SV3C IP Cameras on my home system and they connected up just as fast as the old ones. Old cameras are 720P and the new cameras are 1080P. The NVR is capable of 4K. I connect to them directly using my laptop, assign them a static IP, then add them to my closed network via CAT5 to a switch which goes to my router that is not on the internet. NVR is CAT5 to my router. The new cameras display a fine live image but so far will not trigger motion recording on the NVR. I set the motion detection to ON via the web browser directly to each camera, set the hot areas and sensitivity. I get no recordings. I know the channel will record because, as a bandaid, I have the adjacent cameras motion triggers set to record their own channel on the NVR and the new camera's channels as well, which works. So when I walk in front of an adjacent cam, it starts recording and so does the new camera. But if I walk in front of one of the new cameras, nothing is triggered. All cameras are hard wire CAT5 or CAT6 connected to my network. None of them are wireless. I only connect to the network via WIFI using my laptop to use the camera web pages etc.

Using ONVIF Device Manager, all of my cameras show up like they should, and monitoring events for each camera shows stuff going on when there is motion. I just downloaded ODM yesterday and I admit I don't know what I'm doing with it. Maybe someone here can give me some things to test and results to look for? I could easily install SD cards in each of them and know I'm getting recordings, but I spent NVR money and would like to get it to work like the old cameras if possible.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!
fergy

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the model and firmware number? On my SV3C 5mp cameras, they factory firmware didn't do ONVIF Motion Detection, but the later firmware does.

fergy

n3wb
Reaction score
1626101769074.png for the 1080P cams (SV-B06W-1080P-HX ). I set up my BlueIris computer and connected them and they work fine! I think I am going to just continue to use BlueIris as it seems to be compatible with dang near everything.