Problem: Axis P1435 Cameras keeps resetting by itself

ronie88

n3wb
Reaction score
I have few Axis P1435 cameras on my IP based CCTV network. Cameras are powered by PoE.
I have a static network.
I am having issues that after few days of working some of the cameras keep getting reset to default IP and needs to be reconfigured. It is also seen when some cameras need to be rebooted while maintenance.
Kindly suggest a fix so that the cameras retain their configuration.

Reaction score
I've installed hundreds of Axis cameras to static settings and never seen one revert back to DHCP. This is what I assume you mean when the camera reverts to 192.168.0.90
Are you using a reliable source of POE? A POE switch or individual power inserters? I suppose flaky power could cause this problem.
Have you flash the latest version of firmware from Axis? If the firmware update allows you to do a factory reset when upgrading, select that choice. Otherwise try a factory reset by pressing and hold the reset button while powering up the camera for 15-20 seconds.

Other than that, I have found Axis cameras to be very solid and reliable.

ronie88

n3wb
Reaction score
I've installed hundreds of Axis cameras to static settings and never seen one revert back to DHCP. This is what I assume you mean when the camera reverts to 192.168.0.90
Are you using a reliable source of POE? A POE switch or individual power inserters? I suppose flaky power could cause this problem.
Have you flash the latest version of firmware from Axis? If the firmware update allows you to do a factory reset when upgrading, select that choice. Otherwise try a factory reset by pressing and hold the reset button while powering up the camera for 15-20 seconds.

Other than that, I have found Axis cameras to be very solid and reliable.
I will check the supply one more time. Also pls let me know where to download latest firmware and tool to update latest firmware ? Are they available for no cost ? And the process. I will flash latest firmware as per your suggestion.

Reaction score
Go to axis.com and look under Support, get latest firmware. You might not have to register to download firmware now. In the past, you had to register with Axis to download but it appears currently that might not be the case. Downloading firmware is free either way.

ronie88

n3wb
Reaction score
Go to axis.com and look under Support, get latest firmware. You might not have to register to download firmware now. In the past, you had to register with Axis to download but it appears currently that might not be the case. Downloading firmware is free either way.
How to load latest firmware ? Any separate tool for that ?

Reaction score
Log into your camera's user interface and click Setup / System Options / Maintenance. Under Upgrade Server click Choose File and browse to the location where you downloaded the latest firmware from Axis.com then click Upgrade.