Pre-trigger buffer distorting

Reaction score
As of today I'm having the same problems reported on version 5.3.7.9 (Latest) so it doesn't appear to have been fixed. Like others have reported, I'm facing distortion at the time where the substream "kicks over" to the main stream when pre-trigger buffer is enabled. For now I've removed the substreams which is a workaround but it would be great to get this working as the CPU gains are significant.
One thing I did notice, when I changed the framerate of the substream to match the mainstream (which is BI guidance), I did notice an improvement. In particular, when there is little movement it's barely/not noticeable. However, if there is quite a bit of movement (i.e. a person walking rapidly), the distortion is still very much there. In my case, it only lasts about 1-2 seconds and the rest of the video is fine and high quality.

Has anyone logged a ticket with Blue Iris or discovered any fixes for the issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As of today I'm having the same problems reported on version 5.3.7.9 (Latest) so it doesn't appear to have been fixed. Like others have reported, I'm facing distortion at the time where the substream "kicks over" to the main stream when pre-trigger buffer is enabled. For now I've removed the substreams which is a workaround but it would be great to get this working as the CPU gains are significant.
One thing I did notice, when I changed the framerate of the substream to match the mainstream (which is BI guidance), I did notice an improvement. In particular, when there is little movement it's barely/not noticeable. However, if there is quite a bit of movement (i.e. a person walking rapidly), the distortion is still very much there. In my case, it only lasts about 1-2 seconds and the rest of the video is fine and high quality.

Has anyone logged a ticket with Blue Iris or discovered any fixes for the issue?
There is another thread discussing this. The more people who report it the fast it will get patched.