Pre-record not working

pvlier

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua NVR (NVR4216-16P-4KS2) with multiple Dahua ip cams (HDW2431T-ZS-S2). Motion is almost always captured too late, object just leaving view when recording starts. I setup pre-recording through nvr but it does not seem to work. Playback through DMSS, smartPSS or via weblink from smartPSS does not make a difference as far as I can see.

Situation:
truck is driving at top of view from right to left

Expecting:
motion detection at start of the truck driving into view for example, recording should be 30 secs before truck enters view (=pre-record time) until 30 seconds after truck leaves view (=post-record time), so minimum of 60+ seconds

Result:
when viewing motion detect recording, yellow records exist (all around 10-30 seconds) and when clicking to play is starts showing the car leaving the view.

Checked via NVR:
  • Storage -> Schedule is to MD 24/7 for all channels (+ IVS 24/7 for 3 channels, just for testing). So NO continous recording.
  • Storage -> Schedule->Pre-Record is set to 30 seconds on all channels
  • Alarm -> Video Detection -> Motion detection ->Post-Record is set to 30 seconds on all channels

Checked via SmartPSS device config:
  • Event -> Video Detect -> Anti-dither set to 1 on all channels (to test, was 5, cannot set through NVR)
  • Event -> Video Detect -> Record Channel, Zone, Delay Time (post-record) and Region are identical to NVR settings so they are set correctly.

Attachments