Power out - lost all cameras

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been having work done on the house electrics and now the power is back on Blue Iris has lost all my IP cameras.

Accessing my BT hub 5 suggests all the cameras have been given new IP addresses which explains why noting is in Blue Iris.

Unfortunately I seem unable to log in or do anything with any camera and blue iris seems unable to discover the new ip addresses.

Only half my house electrics are on tonight so I have just 2 cameras, one hard wired on ethernet and one on wifi, both foscams- FI9828W on ethernet wired direct to router and the other a FI9826P on wifi.

Unfortunately the foscam "Equipment Search tool" fails to find either of these on my network.

Entering the IP address given plus :88 for the port gets me to a login screen, however there is a plugins not found message and despite downloading these I do not get any further.

If anyone can help, preferably step by step guides in easy to follow steps. I am not an IP expert .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been having work done on the house electrics and now the power is back on Blue Iris has lost all my IP cameras.

Accessing my BT hub 5 suggests all the cameras have been given new IP addresses which explains why noting is in Blue Iris.

Unfortunately I seem unable to log in or do anything with any camera and blue iris seems unable to discover the new ip addresses.

Only half my house electrics are on tonight so I have just 2 cameras, one hard wired on ethernet and one on wifi, both foscams- FI9828W on ethernet wired direct to router and the other a FI9826P on wifi.

Unfortunately the foscam "Equipment Search tool" fails to find either of these on my network.

Entering the IP address given plus :88 for the port gets me to a login screen, however there is a plugins not found message and despite downloading these I do not get any further.

If anyone can help, preferably step by step guides in easy to follow steps. I am not an IP expert .
Welcome to the forum. Download "fing" on your phone (ios, android) connect it to your wifi network and perform a scan. or use
http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/index1.php?utm_expid=62919999-49.8RQ-zDxZSCaoQ2MaSZ3JDg.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/
Most routers will show connected devices. In the future you need to setup dhcp reservation or setup static ip addresses outside the dhcp range. This is a must..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your router most likely has a lan status or device table that lists the mac address and ip address or all the devices on your network getting their IP address via DHCP.

Most routers support DHCP reservation so you can make the same cameras get the same IP consistently. You can also assign them static IP addresses, just change the DHCP server range (eg start at .30 instead or .2) so you have a range for static IPs and won't have an address conflict.

If it comes down to it, you can write down the MAC addresses of the cameras and run a ARP command to get the IP.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fixed it ! I logged into my router admin which listed all the devices connected. For some reason the previously set static IP addresses had change themselves into dynamic ones. I simply changed the IP of each device to the one shown in Blue Iris and ticked static. Restart camera and then Blue Iris picked it up without me having to change anything.

Thanks for advice.