Police chase down my street

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally something exciting to capture on my boring street. State Troopers chasing a car that failed to stop on the highway about a mile away and was attempting to run.

Of course my worst cams had the best view...

Overview with audio...

LPR cams did pretty well...

Unfortunately, I discovered that the hi-res images from my LPR cams aren't being saved for some reason. Seems to have stopped around the time that I started to set up CodeProject the other day. Still looks like it should be. Have to figure that out. Had to capture snapshots from the video...

DrugCarChaseLPR1.20230201_225759090.16.jpg
DrugCarChaseLPR2.20230201_225811276.15.jpg

End result...
drugs from police chase - YouTube

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the shutter on your LPR could do to be a bit faster. On the return the car was travelling slowly and easily captured. On the 1st pass, the LPR image appeared blurred.

I bet your neighbour wasn't pleased with his hedges.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
State Troopers chasing a car that failed to stop on the highway about a mile away and was attempting to run.
Hmmmm...I wonder if they wanted to pull him over because of his driver's side headlight being out. :idk:
And the car likely suffered a damaged wheel rim or two after going offroad across that lawn and maybe curb...I hope so! A$$hole. :mad:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that's unusual. Normally kind of quiet here.

Shutter is at 1/1000 on that one. Typically the alert images are clear even when they're going faster. Still don't know why I'm not having any saved on either LPR cam now. Was working fine up until a few days ago.

Not sure how it got started. I heard one of the other troopers saying that they were trying to brake check them when on the highway. Two young guys. Not the smartest obviously. Wasn't the best strategy making that turn. They only got about half a block up the street. Turned back right into about 10 more state and local cars that were following. They'll likely be going to jail for a while. Pretty decent quantity of drugs on the hood.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
And on their way back through the hedges. Very clear.
Back is different though as they're travelling much slower. You cannot rely on a car doubling back.

It seems that maybe the YT encoding is affecting the motion and ability to pull off stills with regards to the 1st pass as you got a crystal clear picture and mine was blurred. What matters is obviously that the OP is getting clear pics on the original. :thumb: