POE Switch Recommendations ??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am beginning to setup a BI system with 12 cameras.
I purchased an IPCAM Power 24 port switch: p/n IPCP-24P2G-AF2 POE.

When trying to access this device thru Windows The login screen has never worked properly;
additionally I believe it corrupted my Windows 10 Start Menu. and even though
I unplugged from my network I cannot get it to stop 'flashing' up on my screen
after cold reboot. I never added any software or firmware nor changed my bios.

I prefer to purchase a different switch altogether preferably in a similar size, one with better support
and documentation. Cost isn't a factor.

Any suggestions ??

thank You !
That switch is an unmanaged switch. There would be no logging in required or possible.
It wouldn't be responsible for it "corrupting" your start menu.
Those are good switches, not sure what your issue is other than user error.
That switch is simply plug n play.

I've used Netgear Prosafe switch's for years and never had any issues.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a couple of ones similar to this: 40.0US $ 20% OFF|Steamemo 8 Ports Poe Switch With 10/100/1000mbps Transmission Rate/ethernet Switch For Cameras/ap With Built-in Power Supply - Network Switches - AliExpress

Just dumb devices that seem to continue to work over the last few years. I let Blue Iris and Windows 10 be the brains. I purposely have two of them in case one craps its pants then the most important 8 cams are still serviced but no problems yet. I have nine cams so one of the switches handles the extra cam plus the POE IR floodlights.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this cheap noname switch and had zero problems with it so far. internal power supply, I opened it up, it seemed well made to my retired engineering eyeballs.

this has 8 PoE+ gigE ports plus 2 passthrough gigE ports, which makes it perfect for me. unmanaged, I have zero use for management or routing at my switch layer. I also have some similar 4 port switches

I also have a couple GV POE-SW502 4 gigE PoE+ + 2 passthrough, these use external wallwart power, they've been running for a year now glitchfree. I think I got them from Amazon, but on the bottom they say www.poedepot.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just ordered one of those I pointed out above (the version with the AI Watchdog...LOL) for a BI system I'm setting up for my parents. Who know if it works but I'm a little intrigued. I had a power outage one time that outlasted the UPS. When power was restored one of the cams was in a funky state and I had to manually unplug it from the POE switch to reboot it. I'm wondering if the AI Watchdog is smart enough to know that the cam need to be reset and will do that for me. Who knows, but for $40 I'm willing to experiment on my parents...LOL.