Playing multi files of multi cameras when backup for evidence.

Shafqut

n3wb
Reaction score
How did you play multi cameras footage simultaneously, when you exported footage to usb stick or other backup medium. It seem player only able to play one camera at a time. I want to gave evidence to police they want to see footage of different cameras at the same time.
Thanks in advance.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Shafqut most export functions do NOT layer mult streams into one view. The main reason is when you export the videos they are full/high resolution and placing mult views into one window would require them be scaled down, which negates the purpose at hand normally. Provide them each view as its own file. There is no need for them to see all views on the same screen - they should be inteligent enough to follow what is happening by watching the files individually. If they said "same time" most likely they just need to assure the date/time stamps on all the feeds line up.

If you really want to do it though, you can dump them all into a post production program like Adobe Premier or something then render it all together for them. However... 1. that is a little to much work, let the police do what they want and how they want. 2. Should this end up in court and you edited the clips or did some type of post production/export it could make help the defense question the evidence.

Best thing, just export all the requested footage. Same time/date range down to the second for each file/camera and just give it to the authorities that way.

Shafqut

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, I think hikvision player only play one camera at a time. I used to have geovision which can play multi cameras. When I export files, it also copy its player. It depends upon on player not resolution I think.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use Exacq and when I export I can put as many as 16 cameras footage in one .exe file that is self-contained. Pretty neat as you can watch one, or all video streams, frame by frame, zoom in and out digitally and all. The cops do not need any special software and the software runs without install. I send footage to police a couple times a week at various locations at minimum and this makes it worlds easier than our old system.

In the end it is a feature of your client software and I do not know of third party solutions to help you out offhand anyway.