Playback issues from camera night vision mode only

fonetik

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a weird issue. I just got a Reolink RLC-410 camera and I had to find new IP camera software because my iSpy setup kept crashing when I tried to use the high quality stream with this camera.

I found Blue Iris and I'm currently in the demo period before deciding to purchase. So far it is the best alternative that I've found.

Anyway, my problem is that recordings from when the camera is in B&W night vision mode play back with terrible stuttering and sync issues. The audio seems to play properly, but the video alternates between fast-motion and then a static image as the audio catches up.

Strangely enough, recordings in the color daytime mode play back smooth as silk.

I'm recording in the .bvr format using the direct-to-disc encoding option. New files are stored on an SSD, then archived to HDD (I haven't reached that limit yet though).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi fonetik

I wish I had the answer for you, but rest assured, your not alone. I just updated from version 3 of BI to version 4 and all my video playback during night mode is terrible. It moves too fast at 1x and freezes for a few seconds before moving again. Like you, all playback of daytime video is more/less normal, but not as smooth as before.

I really hope this is a software bug that can be corrected, because its surely doesn't seem to be a hardware issue for me.

TiGeR

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you emailed support? Tiger what cameras are you using... Blue iris does not distinguish between color and black and white... It's either the camera or the camera may sending a higher than normal bitrate due to nighttime noise..

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you emailed support? Tiger what cameras are you using... Blue iris does not distinguish between color and black and white... It's either the camera or the camera may sending a higher than normal bitrate due to nighttime noise..
Since I re-installed the software I need to test it again tonight. I'll keep you all informed and contact Ken if the prob still remains.

TiGeR

fonetik

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't try emailing support yet. I'd like to figure this or before I drop the cash I a license. It's the only thing stopping me for now.

I tried changing the bit rate from the camera but it didn't help. I can try changing it again though since there are a bunch of options.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't try emailing support yet. I'd like to figure this or before I drop the cash I a license. It's the only thing stopping me for now.

I tried changing the bit rate from the camera but it didn't help. I can try changing it again though since there are a bunch of options.
See a possible solution here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6548-Release-4-2-3-5-x64-(Video-Playback-Issues)?highlight=time
You can email support even if you dont have a license...he will not ask you for a key.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fonetik

I really think you will enjoy this application. Just give it a chance. It's really that good and the mobile notifications are GREAT.

I would also... as @fenderman suggested email BI support. They need to realize what is going on to continue improving their product through all the upgrades.

It must be tough considering how many different brands and models of cameras that BI strives to support.

TiGGeR

Last edited by a moderator:

fonetik

n3wb
Reaction score
See a possible solution here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6548-Release-4-2-3-5-x64-(Video-Playback-Issues)?highlight=time
You can email support even if you dont have a license...he will not ask you for a key.
Well that's an improvement. The playback in night mode doesn't get all out of sync, but it isn't quite as smooth as the previous setting in daytime mode. It's definitely good enough to work with though. Thanks for the help.

I'm going to send a note to support to let them know about my issue and how it's been improved.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure your camera firmware is up to date, ReoLink has released a couple of FW updates over the last week that specifically address some interoperability issues with BI.

fonetik

n3wb
Reaction score
It was pretty new so I'm surprised there's an update already. It seems to have improved the audio explosion sound. I'll have to collect some recordings to see how the video looks.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was pretty new so I'm surprised there's an update already. It seems to have improved the audio explosion sound. I'll have to collect some recordings to see how the video looks.
Keep in mind that although the camera may be new to you, you do not know how long it sat on the distributor shelves. They have already released several FW updates in the last week or so and at least one of them directly addressed some BI issues.