Plastic use up 3x after NJ ban of plastic grocery bags.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I swear the tree huggers are going to cause REAL global warming if they keep up with their bullshit policies.

1706108603551.png
1706108762654.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Before Oregon banned the plastic bags we used them as wastebasket liners. Instead we now buy rolls of plastic bags, and the bags are about 3x larger, so we're sending more plastic to the landfill. Oregon also requires the retailers to charge 5 cents for paper bags, which I don't mind. We use them for the kitchen garbage. The local walmarts have no bags at all at the checkout. I guess you're supposed to buy one of the thick in-theory reusable bags that sends less plastic to the landfill.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
For those in Oregon who are not rabid self loathing woke tree hugging hypocritical liars I feel bad for them. I really do hate it for them. I remember driving up from Kalifornia with my family (camping in a pickup truck camper) as a teen ager in the 70's thinking what an amazing and beautiful State that Oregon is. This was before the mass invasion of ex-Kalifornians. BTW, how's the effort going to split eastern Oregon off from the destructive loons? Never gonna happen?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
how's the effort going to split eastern Oregon off from the destructive loons? Never gonna happen?
I think never gonna happen. But if it did, I'm still about a quarter mile inside Oregon :(, but would surely make a short distance move across the line. One of my cameras looks into Greater Idaho.