picture lag on blue iris

michaele6

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all
I just added a new camera to blue iris , the camera comes with a "netsurveillance" software and the display is very responsive and the time on the image updates every second , but on blue iris the picture is very laggy and the seconds increments in 5sec interval, currently I only have this camera connected and the cpu is below 50%.
when I scan it comes up as generic/onvif , and I have this laggy image and if I manually select the "netsurveillance" driver I sill get a laggy image
am I missing something in the configuration ??

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DETAILS DETAILs DETAILs.

What is the make and model number of the camera
How is the camera connected to your network wifi or ethernet cable
Screen shot of the video tab for the camera.
screen shot of the BI network camera configuration screen.
Screen shot of the BI camera record tab.
What is your CPU and memory for the BI computer

You say your CPU is at 50% for one camera ? What else is on the PC ?

michaele6

n3wb
Reaction score
unknown 5mp Chinese camera, connected with Ethernet cable

its a vmware vm running vsphere 6.5 on HP dl380 Gen 9 , the vm itself got 4cpu and 16gig allocated, there is spare capacity but I think windows 10 home version is only supported with 4cpu,
Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all
I just added a new camera to blue iris , the camera comes with a "netsurveillance" software and the display is very responsive and the time on the image updates every second , but on blue iris the picture is very laggy and the seconds increments in 5sec interval, currently I only have this camera connected and the cpu is below 50%.
when I scan it comes up as generic/onvif , and I have this laggy image and if I manually select the "netsurveillance" driver I sill get a laggy image
am I missing something in the configuration ??
You are using windows RDP. By default blue Iris updates the image every 5 seconds you need to change that setting.

michaele6

n3wb
Reaction score
hi there,
That RDP setting fixed the lag,is there a setting to improve the picture quality , because when viewing live the BI quality is poor compared to the image on the camera provided software
Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi there,
That RDP setting fixed the lag,is there a setting to improve the picture quality , because when viewing live the BI quality is poor compared to the image on the camera provided software
Thanks in advance
are you using substreams? if so when in matrix view it will display the substream. You need to expand to single camera view.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can copy and past the mainstream to substream and change the stream=0 to stream=1

Also check here for settings for remote desktop and FPS for viewing:

1613235096814.png

Provided those two settings are not throttling during Remote Desktop, then there is a networking issue with your system, like your cameras are connected to the router or some other issue that has created bandwidth issues.

Most of us remote into the system and we do not experience what you are.

Last edited: