Periodic reconnect every five minutes - only when NOT streaming (HD Dual E6810)

craigs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi experts,
hopefully you can explain this odd behavior of my cheap China IP cam (HD Dual E6810, looks like Tenvis 3815)?

Occasionally, not always, the camera will go into an odd WLAN disconnect/connect loop, precisely every FIVE minutes. All day long, all night long. Sometimes it will stay connected for days WITHOUT a single reconnect.
The clock-like precision of this behavior indicates that it is not the known weak signal problem reported by other users of IP cams.
The camera produces a steady video stream, reacts to alarms correctly etc, shows no weakness as to the signals themselves.
Also the reconnect does NOT occur when an active stream is maintained, in a web browser or any IP security app.

Somewhere I read that these cameras use a 'alive' handshake method when not in direct use. And exactly that handshake appears to 'fail' somehow, so the camera drops out of the WLAN and right back in.
While this is not dramatic, it fills the Log file of my router, cluttering it with useless out/in notifications.
How can I put a stop on this camera behavior? How can I verify this 'wake' signal or influence it (port issue?)
I checked the complex setup menu but have not seen any setting that may affect this WLAN toggling.

Thanks!

Attachments