PC processor and video card advice

Mrvmax

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed 3 POE cameras and am using BI with a dedicated PC (an old Tech but new Lenovo M53 with quad core Intel J2900 processor). I have two Hikvision and one Dahua cameras installed and my processor runs at 90% or greater with settings in BI tweaked (write to disk, fps adjusted etc.). I want to add a fourth camera now but will need a better PC. I want an Intel Core I7 but want to know if I will need the graphics card BI calls for or if the Intel integrated graphics that many I7 processors come with will suffice. BI states to use the Nvidia graphics but that brings a basic PC to around $800.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed 3 POE cameras and am using BI with a dedicated PC (an old Tech but new Lenovo M53 with quad core Intel J2900 processor). I have two Hikvision and one Dahua cameras installed and my processor runs at 90% or greater with settings in BI tweaked (write to disk, fps adjusted etc.). I want to add a fourth camera now but will need a better PC. I want an Intel Core I7 but want to know if I will need the graphics card BI calls for or if the Intel integrated graphics that many I7 processors come with will suffice. BI states to use the Nvidia graphics but that brings a basic PC to around $800.
The information on the site is old. There is no benefit using nvidia at this time. Using intel HD will benefit you greatly as hardware acceleration has been implemented for intel HD with quicksync. Dont buy a machine with discrete graphics.