Password fails with No-IP

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
Strange problem.

I can log into both my Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2132F-IS and DS-2CD2032-I) over my own network by putting the IP addresses into my browser. Until a couple of days ago I could also log in externally via my No-IP URLs. Now, when I try and log in via the No-IP URLs, I get to the logon screens OK but I get the error "Username or password is incorrect. Please enter again".

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange problem.

I can log into both my Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2132F-IS and DS-2CD2032-I) over my own network by putting the IP addresses into my browser. Until a couple of days ago I could also log in externally via my No-IP URLs. Now, when I try and log in via the No-IP URLs, I get to the logon screens OK but I get the error "Username or password is incorrect. Please enter again".

Any ideas?
make sure the no-ip is working and that you are not seeing a cached page...

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
The fact that I get the logon screen means that the No-IP redirect is working and I've chcked that I'm not seeing a cached page. Any other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that I get the logon screen means that the No-IP redirect is working and I've chcked that I'm not seeing a cached page. Any other ideas?
What happens when you use the actual external ip address?

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
is this happening in the ivms4500 mobile app or even in a web browser?
This is in the web browser (FF or IE) but I get the same problem with a slightly different message using the iVMS4500 mobile app (which was previously working fine).

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this issue turned out to be a IP conflict two cameras were getting the same IP address so it was confused when it came time to log in

Might want to check that

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's better from outside rather using VPN.

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this issue turned out to be a IP conflict two cameras were getting the same IP address so it was confused when it came time to log in

Might want to check that
They each have a fixed IP address and I can access each using the internal IP address. Coming from outside I can see the logon screen but login fails due to the "wrong" username/password combination.

40th Floor

n3wb
Reaction score
The sure-fire way to find out what is going on is to use a network sniffer.Wireshark, weird UI that is has, is one. There are others.It's a useful education so worth the effort to use it if you plan on fixing network problems yourself.When using a network sniffer don't use https to the camera or you can't see what's going on.

P.S. For this to work you would need to get the network traffic to the PC with wireshark. A cheap way is to use an old-style network hub (hub, not switch). Plug the camera into the hub and the hub into your gateway/router. The PC is also connected to this hub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed Wireshark and it seems to work over the existing network connection. However, I don't see anything in Wireshark that helps me understand the problem (i.e. logon to the camera using IP address=OK, logon via no-ip and username/password combination = not OK).

Celius

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm familiar with this exact situation in two completely different cases where you can find the camera without issue but cannot log in. The first was with a no-ip host name just like you mentioned but seemed to be a one-off. There was no problem logging in using the DDNS.org host but impossible with the no-ip host and both were up to date but this was only happening when using an iPhone on a mobile network and only on one occasion so I put it down to a network issue where a temporary conflict had arisen.

The second was on an internal network and was due to this fact. If you have a camera on your network but also have an NVR picking up the same camera you have to assign its IP address and password to the NVR. If for some reason you change the password on the camera but forget to do the same in the NVR the same problem will occur. The network will think you have 2 separate cameras with the same address and a conflict occurs. You can find the camera but logging in is impossible and the login error will appear no matter how many times you reboot the camera.

40th Floor

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed Wireshark and it seems to work over the existing network connection. However, I don't see anything in Wireshark that helps
What does it show?Capture the session (and nothing else) in wireshark. Capture-Stop when it's done. Then:File menuExport, File...Packet range (bottom left)check (.) All packets (captured)Packet formatCheck Packet summary line and Packet details [All collapsed] and be sure to also check [x] Packet bytes (it is not checked by default).Save (include the .txt extension because it may not add one).Paste it here. It may have details you don't want to show so XXXX over that before you post.Something like this (it may wrap badly but I don't know how to stop that here w/o putting [br][p] html inline.No. Time Source Destination Protocol Length Info 1 0.000000 Zulu_d2:be:ef Broadcast ARP 60 Who has 192.168.0.207? Tell 192.168.0.32Frame 1: 60 bytes on wire (480 bits), 60 bytes captured (480 bits)Ethernet II, Src: Zulu_d2:be:ef (00:2e:a1:a2:be:ef), Dst: Broadcast (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)Address Resolution Protocol (request)0000 ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 21 91 d2 bf b1 08 06 00 01 .......!........0010 08 00 06 04 00 01 00 21 91 d2 bf b1 c0 a8 00 20 .......!....... 0020 00 00 00 00 00 00 c0 a8 00 cf 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................0030 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ............and so on ...

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
I eventually solved this but I don't know why things had stopped working.

I deleted cached passwords in my browser, deleted the connections in iVMS-4500, deleted port mapping settings in my router, turned off UPNP and NAT in the cameras, turned them back on again and set up port forwarding again in the router. In other words, set up remote access from scratch again.

Thanks for the ideas anyway.

Smythey

n3wb
Reaction score
Update... the problem was caused by the cameras losing their port mappings (which were set via UPNP and NAT settings in the camera's web interface). I have now "hard wired" the port settings in the Network/Ports tab.