Panning and viewing 2nd cam on IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I recently received my IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 and have it running in BI. Unfortunately i cant figure out how to get pan to work. I enable ptz on the camera to ungrey out the controls. I also verified my user has access to ptz in the settings. I don't specifically see ptz in the booklet for this cam but the whole point is to cover 2 areas and all reviews show the cameras recording 2 different areas. Does this cam just not support ptz? If not, how did others monitor two areas? Am I supposed to take off the cam cover and manually move the cam/lens? Sorry if these are dumb questions but I am a n3wb for a reason..

im also not able to see the 2nd cam on this model in BI. I did some searching and found a suggestion to configure the network settings and use the "sub" dropdown. It was set to none but I tried changing to default. It automatically reverts back to nome and I only see output from one of the two cameras. When I use the cam gui (instead of BI) i can view both cams on this model just fine. I also tried inputting the suggest urls in the "main" and "sub" form under network-> configure. I'm not sure if this is a rebranded dahua or hikvision so I tried both. The dahua lines still only show 1 cam (I see metrics populating for main and substream in the statistics though). The hikvision lines shows one cam with a box around it saying "(cam name) no signal socket error" so I'm thinking this must be a Dahua.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is not a PTZ camera and the lens are not motorized. You have to manually adjust the cameras to where you want them to look.

In BI, you need to add the camera twice in to BI.

So go to BI and add camera. Then type in username and password and hit the find/inspect. It should come up as generic.

That should then bring up dropdowns for mainstream and substream that have cHANNEL 1 and CHANNEL 2 in them. Each channel is one of the cameras.

Select Channel 1 for camera 1.

Then add-camera and repeat above, except chose CHANNEL 2. It is the same IP address for both cameras and CHANNEL distinguishes the camera.

1669915777168.png

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're so awesome wittaj. I know I've asked a lot of basic questions recently so I appreciate your kindness to help me. I do try to research before posting but like I said I'm still a noob to the nvr world. I hope to get better with time. Thanks again.