Optimal Position

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you look closely the cameras are on the roofline. One camera facing front of house door/window. Second camera is facing street/driveway towards left. My issue is I want to view right as I park towards that section also. I ordered one more turret, I was thinking mounting on fence facing whole house? And reposition the ones I currently have?

Attachments

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would add 2 to the bottom of the driveway gray pillar. 1 would be wide angle lens covering the apron and entrance to the drive and camera 2 facing the front of the house.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about having best position to record towards the left, where those tree shrubs are?

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I park my work van in that area sometimes and would like to get that area in my view

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the idea of placing the cams on the end of the driveway. I will play around with the setup. What do you guys use to cover the cable?

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have left the cable exposed in many cases. If it is BNC connections they can also be in the weather. If it is Ethernet connection they also can be out in the weather if the connector has the quick twist ends on it to weather proof the connection. As far as both on the pillar at the end of the drive, you mention the tree shrub is, that I am guessing is the ones to the right of the front door looking at the front of the house. For that area I would put it to the far right corner on the front of the house so it views across the front window and door . Just remember when installing cameras, walk around, what you can see the camera will see. So, coming out the front door, look at the pillar at the end of the driveway. You probably can't see it till you get to the corner of the garage. I like the 2.8mm lenses as they get a nice wide view.