Optimal configuration for cameras (Hik/Annke)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if there's anything i'm missing out on on the video configuration settings for my current setup as things seem a little all over the place at the minute when comparing each one (although for the most part everything is working fine).

I currently have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P NVR - All cameras are configured and plugged into the main network rather than direct into the NVR. Network is gigabit and full cat6 and probably the most traffic going through the entire network is the cameras. There are 2 cameras connected to an outbuilding via network home plugs - it seems to be working well most of the time although it's soon to be upgraded to some decent point to point wireless.

IP Camera 1 : Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I - Connected direct into main network.

IP Camera 2 : Annke I51DF - Connected through outbuilding.

IP Camera 3 : Annke I51DF - Connected direct into main network.

IP Camera 4 : Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I - Connected direct into main network.

IP Camera 5 : Annke I51DM - Connected through outbuilding.

IP Camera 6 : Annke I51DF - Connected direct into main network.

To be honest there doesn't seem to be any issues I'd just like to know if there is any better config options for quality and or storage. Storage isn't a major issue as there's a 4TB HDD in the NVR and another 4TB ready to go into the secondary slot.

I also often connect to the cameras direct through the RTSP stream - there's the occasional drop on the image but nothing major. I did have quite an issue with the Annke cameras, the I51DF ones have no issues however the I51DM seems to drop quite regularly when viewing through RTSP, it can be as often as every 20 seconds that the image will drop out and become blurry for a second or two, the NVR live view and recordings seem fine but i'm not sure if it's masking the drop with a still image rather than cutting it out. I did contact Annke support who didn't seem to know much from the technical side - in the end they swapped one of the I51DMs for an I51DF and i've had no issues since. I still have the one I51DM but i'm reluctant to swap it out due to the higher resolution of the space its currently covering and the audio is a nice feature. Maybe i'll have to start another thread sometime if anyone else has these models.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Reaction score
Are the cams 2 & 5 that are using the powerline links, the same ones that drop out? Not surprising if so.
Just for management purpose's, I would set all the cams to 15fps, and on the ones you can control, set the Iframe to either 15 or 30, Whichever looks best to you.
The powerline works perfect without issues, the I51DF works fine, the I51DM does have the drops which originally lead me to believe it was possibly down to the powerlines and simply i put up with the drops during the RTSP viewing. I then bought another that was direct into the switch that the NVR is connected to and that experienced the same issues of slight drops - Annke support had me trying lowering the max bitrate - turning on H.265+ but nothing solved it. They swapped that one out for an I51DF and it's been prefect since so there's something not quite right with the I51DMs that i can't work out.

Thanks for the info, i'll have a play and see how i get on with what you recommended!

Reaction score
I have 2 Annke I51DMs and they both cut out for 5 seconds or so when motion is detected. Fixed by flashing the firmware to HIKVision E7S firmware check out this thread for how to. Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO When i switched the firmware over it worked perfectly so saved spending money on a replacement but quality went from 1944 to 2560*1440. Full Annke firmware is now available at: ANNKE Download Center: One-Stop Resource for Software & Setup Guides so able to revert the firmware.