One of 20 camera's hanging up, worked fine in the Iphone Blue Iris App and the Amcrest App as well as Internet Explorer.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris 5.6.5.8 x64 and am running 20 Amcrest 4K cameras. All is working fine except one camera. It is a IP8M-2496E, The video is hanging up. The sub-video, iphone blue Iris app, Amcrest app on my PC, and Internet Explorer all work with this same camera, Not Blue Iris! I have tried every configuration and it will not run in Blue Iris without hanging up. I deleted the camera and reinstalled it to no avail. I unchecked the RTSP/Stream code doesn't help. Any suggestions? CPU runs at around 8% so that is not the issue.

Rick

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, I can download the videos off the Micro SD cards on this camera and they work fine.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • How does it run if you disable another camera?
  • Are ALL 20 the same model as the troublesome camera?
  • Have you tried a different port on the POE switch?
  • Is it possible to temporarily substitute a known good Ethernet cable in place of the one it's running with now? I'm thinking of a possible kink in the cable or other mechanical issue with the cable or connectors. 4K is a pretty high data rate and demands a good path.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have disabled another camera, no effect. No, they are not all the same model camera. Most are though. I have switched cables and ip address to no avail.
What gets me is it works on the iPhone, Amcrest program, Internet Explorer with no issues (all the same RJ-45 cable so I know it isn’t the cable or computer. It is something with Blue Iris.

thank you for your suggestions.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have that another one of that camera model, copy the camera in BI.

Is the FPS jumping around on the BI camera status page? If so, that could be indicative of a power issue.

What FPS are you running at? If more than 15FPS, drop it to that and see if it stabilizes.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I have it narrowed down to a bandwidth issue. I can disable other cameras and it resolves the issue. I checked my network card and it is running up to a gigbyte however it seems Blue Iris is only running 100 mbps. Any idea's?

Thank you,

Rick

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I have it narrowed down to a bandwidth issue. I can disable other cameras and it resolves the issue. I checked my network card and it is running up to a gigbyte however it seems Blue Iris is only running 100 mbps. Any idea's?
That was my thinking in my post #3. I'm glad you went for more than 1 so it would reveal the issue. :cool:

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After messing around with this issue for a couple hours I narrowed it down to the Linksys SE3016: 16-Port Gigabit Switch. I unplugged it for ten minutes and plugged it back in and that was my issue! At least it was something simple.

Thanks for all the replies,

Rick