Old feeble vet's energetic beautiful young wife finishes "Crockodile LPR with thief/vandal proofing.

Doug2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sara is wrapping 25' of barbed wife from amazon from bottom to top. It is a thin 18guage she painted Red. When she finishes the nodig Zippity plastic fence (expensive: about $10/ft but easy to construct). By painting all the LPR the same dark green color so miscreants cant figure out whats what and LPR screwed down to inside 6" T and barbs on housing should make it safer from thieves. Lastly we have our HIKVision dome camera filming a Perp to plaster all over the Net so we might catch them eventually. We've been offered by an Aunt a cactus to plant at base, but I'm thinking about thorny roses. Anyone have a suggestion?IMG_9710.JPG
By the way, don't contact my beautiful young, energetic wife: there is a waiting line already, starting with my younger brother (widow), my barber a couple of deacons in my church and several other guys '. Besides, the cost and maintenance would be much, much higher than building our "Crockodile" LPR.
Doug, Old Vet on foot in the grave.
P.S. When a perp spray paints over a lens, what can be used to clean the paint off? Solvent or Dawn and fingernails or what?

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doug,
It looks like you two are doing a great job there. Here in South Texas everything wants to hurt you. The cactus would work, I have used blue agave and Spanish daggers as a physical deterrent but oh boy howdy when they get so overgrown that you have to deal with them! I think your idea of Rose's hits the mark. They have the added benefit of brightening up your lovely brides table when you have to thin them out! Good luck and thanks for your service!

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A solar powered electric fence charger would certainly be entertaining to all but one. Years ago, I had a cheap ( not inexpensive) flood light camera. It had an unrealistic recording of a barking dog to scare off the intruder. Nowadays, with a contact out connection on the camera, one could probably play a recording of a rattlesnake on an outdoor speaker rock. The rock on the ground would be right where a real snake would be. A little more believable than a dog barking from the top of a pole.

Reaction score
Planting anything in front of the cam that will grow out is not advisable. I have some monkey grass off to the side of my LPR-W cam that gives me fits at night. IR reflects off of each blade as the wind blows it near the cam and I then get lots of false triggers. Got to pull that plant out in the next couple of days. Cutting it low only lasts a few weeks.

Do you really think you are going to have issues with vandals on those cams? Don't know what the solution to spray paint removal on the lens cover would be. Not sure if it is glass or plastic. Scraping with something soft is probably the only option.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Prepsol (preparation solvents) would likely be able to remove recently applied rattle can spray paint without damaging the housing.

If you know a friendly auto panel shop they might let you use a splash from their tin.

Cheers, thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Be very careful with solvents on the lens cover. It may be plastic and will melt or fog, permanently, with solvents containing lacquer thinner or acetone in particular.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It could be Gorilla Glass, but it seems kind of flexible to me so that's why I said "it may be". I've only had a few that I've had to take apart, so YMMV.